Elizabeth Harvey, PT, DPT, MSR, CKTI, CEIM
Recorded on June 6, 2020
This session reviews the system of skin, including the physiology and neurology of the epidermis and dermis. The mechanism of pain will be discussed as well as a review current literature on the modality of elastic therapeutic taping and its effects on pain, including opioid use. This will be followed by a practical demonstration of common applications of tape for the management of pain.
Upon completion of this session, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the mechanism of pain and discuss the system of skin.
- Implement the evidence-based elastic therapeutic taping strategies that are presented in the practice setting, to impact pain modulation.
- Identify common applications strategies of tape for management of pain.
Contact Hours and Cost
1.25 Contact Hours
- Requirements for successful completion: view entire webinar, complete online evaluation
- Contact hours for this webinar will expire on October 1, 2022.
The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Inc. (AAOHN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AAOHN follows the American Nurses Credentialing Center guidelines in calculating continuing nursing education credits. With every educational activity and evaluation that is completed, each one (1) hour of education time is equal to one (1) continuing nursing education credit.
The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Inc. is additionally approved as a CNE provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing (#CEP9283).