Welcome to the Speaker Resource Page for 2018 AAOHN National Conference in Reno, Nevada!
Please use this page as a reference point for information regarding the 2018 Conference.
Dates and Deadlines
- March 1, 2018: Pre-Conference Workshop Slide Decks and Supplemental Material Due to AAOHN National Office
- March 14, 2018: Concurrent and General Session Slide Decks Due to AAOHN National Office
- April 14, 2018: Pre-Conference Workshops begin
- April 16, 2018: 2018 Conference begins
In 2018, AAOHN will provide laptop computers in all session rooms. Each room's laptop will be preloaded with the slide decks for the sessions scheduled in that room. Presenters should also plan to bring a portable jump drive with their slide presentation as a backup. Each session room will have a wired podium microphone, a wireless lavaliere microphone, and a slide advancer. Although there will be WiFi available, please make sure any and all videos are downloaded and embedded directly into the presentation slide deck.
Slide Deck Template and Information
Download the 2018 AAOHN Slide Deck Template for a guide on how to create and organize your presentation.
The background is AAOHN’s 2018 Conference Theme. You may use any background, as long as it does not reflect a commercial interest. Many presenters utilize a background that shows or is used by their organization, and this is fine. You are also welcome to use this background if you choose.
Before you start putting your slides together, please review this information and the slide template to get an understanding of how we would like you to open and close your presentation.
- The first three slides are mandatory for AAOHN to be able to give CNE credits to learners.
- You must include the Conflict of Interest Slide as the second slide in your presentation and handouts, no matter if you use the AAOHN template or your own slide deck.
- The Learner Outcomes on the third slide should match the ones listed in the 2018 Conference Advance Program. These have been approved by AAOHN's Director of Education.
- The fourth slide (Objective/Agenda) is optional.
- The Reflection slides can be used at the beginning and the end to bookend the presentation. The slides in the template outline how to use the concept; they will take about two minutes total. Utilizing this evidence-based strategy will improve engagement in your education presentation. This is also an optional slide.
- AAOHN attendees have come to expect high quality in the sessions they attend. For example, they do not like sessions where presenters read the slides and do not amplify the information. They look for relevance and actionable strategies to take to their practice setting. Use of case studies, scenarios, images/radiographs and energetic Q&A are very popular.
- Before using any acronyms, make sure you use the full name, such as National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- Overall, the format in your slide deck should be professional in appearance.
- All slide decks should be formatted in size 16:9.
- The educational content needs to be evidence-based and target the nurse whose level of competency is proficient to expert.
- Don’t use anything smaller than 20 point font as a general rule, so that the content is readable.
- Enlarge pictures or tables as necessary and whenever appropriate to provide better visualization.
- Register for the Conference: Podium abstract presenters receive a 25% discount on their full conference registration. Please contact Jessica Scott at email@example.com to receive your discount code.
- Book your hotel room: To receive the best possible hotel rate for your stay at the Peppermill Resort in Reno, please book using this direct link: https://aws.passkey.com/event/49157995/owner/7268/home
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Scott, AAOHN's Senior Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.