Education for Professional Development
- Discounted registration rates for the AAOHN National Conference, the largest meeting of occupational health nursing (OHN) professionals in the world. Member discounts for pre-conference courses and our annual COHN review course.
- A free subscription and online access to the monthly AAOHN peer-reviewed journal, Workplace Health & Safety, including articles for continuing nursing education (CNE) in every issue
- Free access to live and archived webinars on clinical practice and professional topics. CNE provided!
- Member discounts on other education and professional development products available in our Online Store, including resources to help you prepare for the COHN and COHN-S exams.
- Access to the AAOHN Career Center the official online career center of AAOHN powered by HEALTHeCAREERS Network. Job seekers can look for diverse positions, and recruiters can post position information to find the most qualified OHN’s in their area.
- To benchmark salaries, members can download a free copy of a Compensation and Benefits Study performed periodically by the organization, a $100 value.
Savings and Benefits through AAOHN, Affiliates, and Partnerships
- Save on shipping with UPS! AAOHN members have exclusive access to the UPS Savings Program, which provides up to 30% discounts on UPS domestic air, ground, and international services.
- AAOHN partners with NSO to provide access to a member-only discount for a comprehensive professional liability insurance specifically designed for OHNs.
- Apply for a number of different grants and scholarships for professional development offered through the AAOHN Foundation. Only members can apply!
- Take advantage of long-lasting relationships with AAOHN’s extensive network of partners whose purpose and mission align with the organization, including NIOSH, The Nursing Organization Alliance (NOA), the National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable (NVHR), American Nurses Association (ANA) and more.
Network and Connect with Colleagues
- Your membership in one of AAOHN’s 102 Chapters across the United States: AAOHN Chapters provide more opportunities for face-to-face interaction, education and professional development.
- Get in touch with a fellow member through the online Member Directory or through AAOHN’s social media channels: LinkedIn AAOHN group, Facebook group, and Twitter.
- A monthly e-newsletter that keeps members current on industry news and updates.
- Get involved in various volunteer opportunities through AAOHN committees, advisory groups, and project teams
Download our flyer to learn more and share the value of AAOHN membership with others.