New Investigator Research Grants
Purpose: To encourage research in the field of occupational and environmental health by new principal investigators.
MEDIQUE PRODUCTS ($3,000— one award) The AAOHN Research Priorities are to be used as the primary guide/reference for possible topics and will be given preference in funding.
Click here to download the 2018 grant application. Grant applications are due June 30, 2018!
The AAOHN Research Priorities in Occupational & Environmental Health Nursing are:
- Effectiveness of primary health care delivery at the worksite.
- Effectiveness of health promotion nursing intervention strategies.
- Strategies that minimize work-related adverse health outcomes (e.g., respiratory disease).
- Health effects resulting from chemical exposure in the workplace.
- Occupational hazards of health care workers (e.g., latex allergy, bloodborne pathogens).
- Factors that influence worker rehabilitation and return to work.
- Effectiveness of ergonomic strategies to reduce worker injury and illness.
- The nature and effects of stress and workplace stressors on worker health.
- Health effects resulting from the interaction between aging and workplace hazards.
- Evaluation of critical pathways to effectively improve worker health and safety and to enhance maximum recovery and safe return to work.
- Evaluation of intervention strategies to improve worker health and safety.
- Strategies for increasing compliance with or motivating workers to use personal protective equipment.
- Emergency/pandemic preparedness in the workplace.
- Impact of occupational health nursing interventions on worker’s compensation claims.
Click here to find out who were the recent grant recipients.