AAOHN believes continuing nursing education (CNE) is a process designed to promote competence and expertise in clinical practice. Continuing education is essential to support the promotion and improvement of competency in occupational and environmental health nursing practice (and the practice of nurses in other disciplines interacting with the health and safety of employees and employee communities).
Our Approver Unit is designed to review, evaluate, and critique continuing education activities developed and implemented by AAOHN’s defined constituents and their joint providers.
The services provided by the Approver Unit include assistance with the application process, review of the application, and granting approval for the applicant to award contact hours.
Approval of a CNE program is good for two years from the date of the initial approval. That means a program can be offered repeatedly during those two years. NOTE: An approved provider of CNE cannot approve any CNE activity.
AAOHN is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation for all 50 states.
Have other questions? Check out the AAOHN Approver Unit FAQ's.
Filling Out the Approver Unit Application
The application process can be completed via the "Continue to the Application" button below.
- You must be logged in to the website in order to view the online application.
- The completed application with all required documentation must be submitted a full 45 days before your continuing educational event date. The application will be denied if all required forms have not been submitted with the application.
- AAOHN does not mail the Certificates of Completion for attendees. AAOHN will e-mail the letter of approval for your program to the Nurse Planner.
- Please contact the AAOHN National Office at 312-321-5173 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have your login information or if you have any questions regarding the approver unit application.
Approver Unit Application Forms
Click on the links below to download the updated 2017 forms. You must use the new forms when you submit a program.
The completed forms need to be submitted with your application. Completed forms must be in either a word document or PDF format. These forms are also located within the application for your convenience.
- Biographical and Conflict of Interest Form
- Educational Planning Table
- Evaluation Form
- Commercial Support Agreement Form
- Joint Provider Agreement
- Required Disclosures to Participants
- Certificate of Completion