Deborah Lechner, PT, MS
Currently many OHNs have a lack of understanding regarding the factors that affect legal compliance when conducting PAT. Some think PAT is prohibited under the ADA & EEOC. Others assume we are talking about a physician’s medical exam when we refer to this testing. Many don’t understand the proper handling of previous injury information and how and when it may be shared with the employer.
Upon completion of this session, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the elements of legal defensibility pre-hire and return-to-work PAT
- Identify the appropriate process for developing legally defensible Pre-Hire PAT
- Discuss legal cases that set precedence for PAT
Contact Hours and Cost
1.0 Contact Hours
- Requirements for successful completion: view entire webinar, complete online evaluation
- Contact hours are available for all webinars whether you participate in the live event or the recorded viewing. Contact hours for this webinar will expire on September 30, 2023.
The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Inc. (AAOHN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AAOHN follows the American Nurses Credentialing Center guidelines in calculating continuing nursing education credits. With every educational activity and evaluation that is completed, each one (1) hour of education time is equal to one (1) continuing nursing education credit.
The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Inc. is additionally approved as a CNE provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing (#CEP9283).
AAOHN Joint Provider:
University of Michigan Center for Occupational Health and Safety Engineering
There are no conflicts of interest related to this webinar.