Welcome to the Speaker Resource Page for 2019 AAOHN National Conference in Jacksonville, FL!
Please use this page as a reference point for information regarding the 2019 Conference.
Dates and Deadlines
- February 25, 2019: Pre-Conference Workshop Slide Decks & Supplemental Material Due to AAOHN National Office
- March 6, 2019: Concurrent and General Session Slide Decks Due to AAOHN National Office
- April 6, 2019: Pre-Conference Workshops begin
- April 8, 2019: 2019 National Conference begins
In 2019, AAOHN will provide laptop computers in all session rooms. Each room's laptop will be preloaded with the slide decks for the sessions scheduled in that room. Presenters should also plan to bring a portable jump drive with their slide presentation as a backup. Each session room will have a wired podium microphone, a wireless lavaliere microphone, and a slide advancer. Although there will be WiFi available, please make sure any and all videos are downloaded and embedded directly into the presentation slide deck.
Slide Deck Template and Information
The background is AAOHN’s 2019 Conference Theme. You may use any background, as long as it does not reflect a commercial interest. Many presenters utilize a background that shows or is used by their organization, and this is fine. You are also welcome to use this background if you choose.
Before you start putting your slides together, please review this information and the slide template to get an understanding of how we would like you to open and close your presentation.
- The first three slides are mandatory for AAOHN to be able to give CNE credits to learners.
- You must include the Conflict of Interest Slide as the second slide in your presentation and handouts, no matter if you use the AAOHN template or your own slide deck.
- The Learner Outcomes on the third slide should match the ones listed in the 2019 Conference Advance Program. These have been approved by AAOHN's Director of Education.
- The fourth slide (Objective/Agenda) is optional.
- The Reflection slides can be used at the beginning and the end to bookend the presentation. The slides in the template outline how to use the concept; they will take about two minutes total. Utilizing this evidence-based strategy will improve engagement in your education presentation. This is also an optional slide.
- AAOHN attendees have come to expect high quality in the sessions they attend. For example, they do not like sessions where presenters read the slides and do not amplify the information. They look for relevance and actionable strategies to take to their practice setting. Use of case studies, scenarios, images/radiographs, and energetic Q&A are very popular.
- Before using any acronyms, make sure you use the full name, such as the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- Overall, the format in your slide deck should be professional in appearance.
- All slide decks should be formatted in size 16:9.
- The educational content needs to be evidence-based and target the nurse whose level of competency is proficient to expert.
- Don’t use anything smaller than 20 point font as a general rule, so that the content is readable.
- Enlarge pictures or tables as necessary and whenever appropriate to provide better visualization.
- Register for the Conference: Podium abstract presenters receive a 25% discount on their full conference registration. Please contact Jessica Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your discount code.
- Book your hotel room: To receive the best possible hotel rate for your stay at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, please book using this direct link: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/JAXRJ/G-AAOH
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Scott, AAOHN's Education Manager, at email@example.com.