AAOHN believes continuing nursing education (CNE) is a process designed to promote competence and expertise in clinical practice. Our Approver Unit is designed to review, evaluate, and critique continuing education activities developed and implemented by AAOHN’s defined constituents and their joint providers.
The services provided by the Approver Unit include assistance with the application process, review of the application, and granting approval for the applicant to award contact hours. Approval of a CNE program is good for two years from the date of the initial approval. That means a program can be offered repeatedly during those two years.
AAOHN is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation for all 50 states.
Completing an Approver Unit Application
AAOHN's Approver Unit is entirely online. The application process can be completed via the "Continue to the Application" button below.
- You must be logged in to the website in order to begin the online application.
- The completed application with all required documentation must be submitted a minimum of a full 45 days before your continuing educational event date.
- Applications submitted with less than 45 days will be subject to a rush processing fee.
- The application must be submitted with all the required forms. Applications with incomplete and incorrect forms may be subject to additional correction fees. For additional information on AAOHN's Approver Unit Fees, please click here.
- Please contact the AAOHN National Office at 312-321-5173 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have your login information or if you have any questions regarding the approver unit application.
- To assist with correctly completing an application, please download AAOHN's Approver Unit Application Checklist.
- View the updated Approver Unit Application Fee Chart.
Have questions that aren't addressed here? Please review the updated AAOHN Approver Unit FAQ's.
Approver Unit Application Forms
Click on the links below to download the updated forms and information.
The completed forms need to be submitted with your application. Completed forms must be in either a word document or PDF format. These forms are also located within the application for your convenience. You must use the most current version of the Approver Unit Application forms when you submit a program.
- Updated Approver Unit Application Fees
- Biographical and Conflict of Interest Form
- Content Experts and Presenter List
- Disclosures Information & Examples
- Educational Planning Table
- Evaluation Form
- Certificate of Completion
- Marketing Materials, Agenda, Disclosures
- Commercial Support Agreement Form (if applicable)
- Joint Provider Agreement (if applicable)