Access a wide variety of on-demand, self-paced education courses to expand your practice and earn contact hours. To view and purchase the current online courses available to members and non-members, access our AAOHN Online Academy.
To access the courses you've purchased, please click the button below to visit the *new* AAOHN Online Academy
Live and On-Demand Webinars
The AAOHN Workplace Wellness and Safety Webinar Series focus on continuing nursing education (CNE) subjects pertinent to the occupational and environmental nursing professional.
Journal CNE Modules
Featured Sessions from the AAOHN Online Education Center
Respiratory Protection Program Training and Resources
AAOHN’s Respiratory Protection Program includes a Respiratory Protection course and accompanying resources for occupational health professionals who want to learn more about OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard and the role of the Respiratory Protection Program Administrator. You do NOT need to be an AAOHN member to participate in this free training or access the training resources.
Each module is self-paced and you can do it anywhere, anytime. If you need to log out while using the course, you may log in and return to finish your course.
Chronic diseases are on the rise and are costly health considerations for both employees and employers. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 2019 data on chronic conditions, adults are managing one or two chronic conditions. Most chronic conditions cannot be cured, but they can be managed to reduce their effect on people’s lives and health. AAOHN’s Chronic Conditions Series expands your knowledge and offers up-to-date evidence-based practice for preventing, identifying, assessing and treating chronic diseases.
AAOHN currently offers the following online courses in the Chronic Conditions Series
- Review the obesity epidemic in our nation and discuss current national trends.
- Discuss ways in which occupational health nurses can heighten awareness of healthy behaviors and provide education and risk reduction strategies to their employees wanting to change their behaviors at the workplace.
- Discuss current stroke statistics
- Discuss chronic illnesses that contribute to stroke risk
- Identify impairments that affect individuals post-stroke
- Discuss issues individuals face returning to work post-stroke
- Identify strategies that can be used by OHNs to promote successful return to work post-stroke
- Describe the symptoms in the later stages of CKD that may affect a patient’s ability to obtain/maintain employment.
- Discuss preventable causes of CKD and how the occupational health nurse can play an important role in mitigating the effects.
AAOHN Chronic Condition modules are available in the AAOHN Academy Online Education Center.
Core Curriculum 4th Edition Online Test Course
This course offers test preparation for nurses who want to assess their baseline knowledge in occupational and environmental health nursing, prepare for certification, or review the core curriculum for the purposes of professional development.
This course includes:
- Over 350 test questions
- Continuing nursing education (CNE) credit. You will receive 5 CNE.
Not a Member?
If you are not an AAOHN member, click here to view our member types, or to create a complimentary guest account.
The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Inc. (AAOHN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AAOHN follows the American Nurses Credentialing Center guidelines in calculating continuing nursing education credits. With every educational activity and evaluation that is completed, each one (1) hour of education time is equal to one (1) continuing nursing education credit.
The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Inc. is additionally approved as a CNE provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing (#CEP9283).