Chapter and Regional Conferences
Midwest Regional Occupational Health Conference
September 24-26, 2014
Chula Vista Resort and Conference Center
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Check www.wsaohn.com for more information.
National Canadian Occupational Health Nursing Conference
September 30 - October 1, 2014
1st International Symposium to Advance TOTAL WORKER HEALTH
Registration is NOW OPEN for 1st International Symposium to Advance TOTAL WORKER HEALTH
Together with the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), Office for Total Worker Health and 14 other prestigious partners, we are excited to announce that registration is NOW OPEN for the 1st International Symposium to Advance TOTAL WORKER HEALTH™. The symposium will be held October 6–8 on the campus of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Join more than 500 scientists and practitioners from around the world and learn the state of the science and practice using a coordinated approach that integrates health protection and health promotion. To register and learn more about the Symposium, visit www.eagleson.org/totalworkerhealth.
REGISTER NOW – 2014 NEAOHN Conference – Hosted by New York State
Join your friends and colleagues for 3 days of education, fun and networking by registering now for the 2014 Northeast Association of Occupational Health Nurses Conference (NEAOHN) hosted by New York State on October 27-29, 2014 (Mon-Wed) at The Turning Stone Resort & Casino in Verona, NY at exit #33 on the NYS Thruway.
This year’s theme, “Harvesting the Latest in Occupational Health”, features the following topics:
- Disability and Employment: Emerging Legal, Human and Practical IssuesOSHA Update
- OSHA Update
- Current Concepts in Knee Surgery: Update on Cartilage and Meniscus Injuries
- Implementing Social Medical into Occupational Health Nursing
- Evidence-Based Medicine vs. Medicine-Based Evidence: Why Healthcare Providers are from Mars and Legal Professionals are from Venus
- A Spine Care Pathway: Primary Care Providers and a Community Approach to Spine Pain
- Occupational Health for Telecommuters
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Quantitating Occupational Chemical Exposures
- Medical Marijuana
- The Challenges and Pitfalls in Diagnosing or Misdiagnosing Tuberculosis: Are the Days of the TB Skin Test Over?
13.5 continuing education hours in nursing have been applied for through AAOHN and CCMC
- Wine and cheese exhibitor reception
- Spa night
- CPR Recertification Class
Visit www.neaohn.org for registration details. For credit cards users, there is a Paypal option.
Seneca Valley of Maryland AOHN
Regional Occupational Health Conference
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Ohio Association of Occupational Health Nurses will host its annual conference Nov. 6-8, 2014. Details:
2015 PAAOHN 53rd Annual State Conference
“Spring into Occupational Health: Clinical and Wellness Updates”
March 11-13, 2015
The Doubletree Hotel and Convention Center
Registration opens August 11.
13 CNE available.
Preconference available on OHN/Business Management for the first 30 registrants.
Topics to be covered:
o Returning Veterans in the work place
o “ Determining work relatedness: Medical Causality”
o Corporate Wellness – How to make it work
o Workplace Bullying
o “How well do you know the hazards you are exposed to: Chemical Safety”
o Substance abuse – Medical Marijuana, street drug names, etc.
o Celebrate nursing – Human by Birth, Hero by Choice