Chapter and Regional Conferences
REGISTER NOW – 2014 NEAOHN Conference – Hosted by New York State
Join your friends and colleagues for 3 days of education, fun and networking by registering now for the 2014 Northeast Association of Occupational Health Nurses Conference (NEAOHN) hosted by New York State on October 27-29, 2014 (Mon-Wed) at The Turning Stone Resort & Casino in Verona, NY at exit #33 on the NYS Thruway.
This year’s theme, “Harvesting the Latest in Occupational Health”, features the following topics:
- Disability and Employment: Emerging Legal, Human and Practical IssuesOSHA Update
- OSHA Update
- Current Concepts in Knee Surgery: Update on Cartilage and Meniscus Injuries
- Implementing Social Medical into Occupational Health Nursing
- Evidence-Based Medicine vs. Medicine-Based Evidence: Why Healthcare Providers are from Mars and Legal Professionals are from Venus
- A Spine Care Pathway: Primary Care Providers and a Community Approach to Spine Pain
- Occupational Health for Telecommuters
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Quantitating Occupational Chemical Exposures
- Medical Marijuana
- The Challenges and Pitfalls in Diagnosing or Misdiagnosing Tuberculosis: Are the Days of the TB Skin Test Over?
13.5 continuing education hours in nursing have been applied for through AAOHN and CCMC
- Wine and cheese exhibitor reception
- Spa night
- CPR Recertification Class
Visit www.neaohn.org for registration details. For credit cards users, there is a Paypal option.
Seneca Valley of Maryland AOHN
Regional Occupational Health Conference
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Ohio Association of Occupational Health Nurses will host its annual conference Nov. 6-8, 2014. Details:
2015 PAAOHN 53rd Annual State Conference
“Spring into Occupational Health: Clinical and Wellness Updates”
March 11-13, 2015
The Doubletree Hotel and Convention Center
Registration opens August 11.
13 CNE available.
Preconference available on OHN/Business Management for the first 30 registrants.
Topics to be covered:
o Returning Veterans in the work place
o “ Determining work relatedness: Medical Causality”
o Corporate Wellness – How to make it work
o Workplace Bullying
o “How well do you know the hazards you are exposed to: Chemical Safety”
o Substance abuse – Medical Marijuana, street drug names, etc.
o Celebrate nursing – Human by Birth, Hero by Choice