MERS-CoV: Infection Prevention and Control
Weblink - http://learn.ulworkplace.com/Infection_Prevention_Webinar_Register.html
The recent emergence of a potentially fatal viral respiratory illness caused by Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) has renewed attention on global, domestic and local pandemic preparedness.
During this complimentary UL Workplace Health and Safety webinar, John Howard, M.D., J.D., Director, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, will provide an update on the spread of MERS-CoV and provide guidance for healthcare providers and employers on workplace infection prevention and control practices. Topics will include:
- • Characteristics of outbreaks that warrant investigation
- • Coronavirus origins and impacts
- • Routes of transmission
- • Clinical signs, symptoms and treatment
- • Epidemiology and surveillance activities
- • World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations
Dr. Howard is board-certified in internal medicine and occupational medicine, an educator, and a prolific writer and speaker on all aspects of workplace health and safety.
Register now for this free webinar on Thursday, July 11, 2013 from noon to 1pm CDT.
There's no time like the present to be better prepared.