Hepatitis C: It’s About More Than Liver Disease
It is well known that chronic HCV infection can lead to long-term liver damage and increased risk of liver cancer,
but did you know?
- Health effects of HCV can appear in many parts of the body;
- Up to 74% of HCV-infected patients have symptoms outside the liver;
- HCV can live in the body for many years, causing long-term inflammation and stress on immune system;
- HCV virus invades cells in the body other than liver cells, including cells in the brain and immune system;
- HCV-related effects on other parts of the body can be an early indicator of HCV infection;
- HCV treatment and the clearing of HCV from the body can relieve health conditions affecting multiple parts of the body.
For information about specific HCV-related effects and conditions outside the liver, visit link below: