Like you, we at the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN) are paying close attention to the developing news about the coronavirus. And like you, we place a high priority on the health and safety of our members and our colleagues.
For that reason, we are closely monitoring this situation. Based on current information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), the AAOHN 2020 National Conference is scheduled to be held as planned, April 6-8 in San Antonio.
AAOHN is working with our San Antonio partners to take additional precautionary measures to support the health and safety of attendees and exhibitors using CDC and WHO recommendations, including:
- Increased availability of hand sanitizing stations and soap supplies
- Increased cleaning and disinfection in high-volume areas
- Urging attendees and exhibitors to follow proper respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene
- Urging anyone experiencing symptoms of any suspected illness to isolate and seek medical attention if symptoms develop
- Promoting a "hug- and handshake-free" conference and using the mobile app and electronic exhibitor lead retrieval systems for sharing contact information
- And other measures in accordance with the latest guidance
The deadline to request a registration cancellation was February 21, 2020. In order to properly plan and execute a high-level conference, we are unable to extend this deadline further.
AAOHN will continue to monitor official travel advisories related to the coronavirus and encourage you to visit the following websites for tips and travel recommendations.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or suggestions for how AAOHN can best support you and your team during this time.